Inside my brain

random thoughts

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Todays rant is about teenagers...and how they think they are in Controll......I sware teenagers today are more rude and disrespectful then we ever thought of being. I work on a school bus and the WORST WORST ages are 7th and 8th grade. It is like at this age and grade they are testing the waters. Being a school bus monitor I hear things all the time when I tell them to sit down while the bus is in motion or to watch there mouths they come back with a reply "you talk'n to me"...ummmm hello yes..I was looking right at him or her andthen there was noone else standing up. What ever happened to not talking back to adults. It is like these kids think they are the president or something. They talk about sex...drugs you name it they talk about it. I have a 10 yr old and a 9 year old and I just wonder what they will be like when they hit this stage...and it is only a few years away. When I was younger I was spanked..now we as parents are told we can not spank...it is child abuse. It just sad how what was good for us growing up is now not good for our children. Now granted there are parents out there that were abused as children and I think this is where this no spanking rule came into affect but look at all the others out there that were and they are all fine...no trama or anything. O.k. what about our parents who grew up with cars that did not have seat belts....Now I do agree that car seats are safer but at the same time our parents grew up in a time when there was no such thing or even a law that said we have to ware them. What about growing up and if you had a station wagon you were allow to ride in the way back, or go to the store in the back of dad's pick up truck. Or what about playing outside till it became dark...not sitting infront of vedio game that was attached to the tv. I just do not get it. I am not clamming to be the best parent..I am far from that I am just wondering what ever happened to the good ole days.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home