Inside my brain

random thoughts

Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas....

Well Christmas has come and gone. This year we can call it a "history" year. We had Dave able to join us on xmas eve. AND he even went home to his house on xmas day for the first time and helped cook the dinner. He glazed the ham and barked orders VERY well. He was the only one who pissed me right the fuck off on xmas day over his potatoe masher...so I just stayed away from him for the rest of the day. I bit my tongue just to make it a happy day for everyone. But anyway.........Friday night I went to Toads place with Mike, Vikki, her friend Lisa, Kevin, Jimmy (??? was that his name ) and I think a guy named Dave. They were all Vikki's friends..well any who the kids spent the night at my mothers house and we went to Toads to see John Valby. What a great show put on my Dr. Dirty himself. Mike even had fun....but he loves shit like. Saterday I went and got the boys while Mike went to get Zachary and find out if there would be a fight for him. AND GUESS WHAT!!!!????? WE GOT ZACHARY!!! Let me explain that. Yes we see him all the time. BUT never ever ever has Mike been able to wake up xmas morning with his son Zachary. He has always stayed at his Moms house...even tho the court order said every other weekend. So for the first time we had xmas morning as a family. But anyway back to saterday.....I learned JUST before picking up the boys that my father had brought my sister to the E.R. cause she thought she broke her leg/foot. She got it tangled up in the hope chest Friday night did not hurt went to bed got up and could not move her foot. So they say it was a bad sprain. So she got crutches. Then on the way home from getting the boys she called me and asked me to get Dave some gateraide and wonton soup. So I stopped in the plaza and got the items requested and off to the home. Dropped them off said see ya tonight at Mommy's for dinner and gift exchanging. On the way out the door the den dad called and had things for brad from the pack meeting the night before...so off to his house to collect. Then FINALLY we got home were I hid upstairs and wrapped till I was tired. Then it was time to go to Mom and Dad's for dinner. Had a nice time and Dave seemed happy to be out of the home. THEN we came back home around 10:30pm and we let each of the boys open a gift. I can not remember what everyone opened BUT ME!!!! I got my diamond ring!!!!! OMG it is perfect!!! I am on cloud nine. He picked out one of those past present future rings. I almost started to cry but my step son was looking at me so I stopped the water works. So I took of my grandmothers diamond ring and replaced it with my new diamond ring from Mike. That right there made my xmas beyond special. Then it was time for the kids to go to bed and this year was the first year I did not put the gifts under the tree that night....hell they know there is no santa and if I want ANY once of sleep they were going to wait till I got up. AND IT WORKED!!! Mike and I got up around 8am and the unwrapping began around 8:10am. They were just as excited. Brad and Jake did not open them all...I wanted it to be fare amount they all opened so they got the rest after we got home from my sisters house. At my sisters house Dave seemed to be in a pissed off mood even bit my head off when I was joking to my sister about her masher and how I was going buy her one from xmas next year...he told me I could buy one but if I did I could KEEP it becuase his masher worked just FINE!! He looked at me so coldly and so meen I almost said FUCK YOU and walked out becuase my sister and I were JOKING about it and he came into the kitchen after the fact like 20 mins and bit my head off. Guess he was not happy to be in HIS house for the first time since he was in his crash on Sept 12th. Then we left later in the afternoon came home and let the kids open the rest of there gifts. Then while the kids and Mike stayed home to play with the new stash of stuff I went back to my mothers house to see all my aunts and uncles and a few cousins. Then after bringin my uncle al hom I was home around 11pm. But it was truely the BEST christmas for me in a very very long time!!! Christmas has not been Christmas to me since the first year we did it with out gram...but this year seemed to work and it will be in my heart and soul forever!!! The pictures are kind of out of order a bit below and I TRIED to get a shot of my ring but it comes out blurry!!! So I will keep tring to get it right and post that as soon as I can. Well gotta run...doing laundry...going to Mikes family on Thursday...






Dave sitting on a couch for the first time since Sept. 12th. ( also first time in a house. ) And Sally Ann sporting her crouches...They say she sprained her ankle at the hospital...time will tell. What a cute couple.
Marci, Shane, and Ashely
Aunt Sharon
Unlce Al and Cousin Ciel
Uncle Monty and Uncle Bob
Aunt Alice, Aunt Sue, Aunt Janet, and Aunt Shirley
Litle Mikey, Uncle Bob, Uncle Mike and Mom
This blanket she started with the help of gram many
years ago. Gram was never able to finish it due to making
all us grandchildren and great grandchildren our own.
So every year she has done one row on it...till Aunt Alice
Got the afgan from her daughter ( no small feet ) and
she finished it. She was crying beause she NEVER EVER
thought she would see the day it would become finished.
Plus it was like having gram there :)
Aunt Janet is crying now.....Aunt Sue is holding her
Now she is getting to open it...and she may have a clue.....
Aunt Janet getting her xmas gift taken away
Oh what a couple they make...
The Grandkids...Jake, Brad, Zach and Alex
Jakob, Bradley and Zachary...xmas eve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home